January 5: File Folder Junk Journal with Paula
Instructor: Paula M.
Date: Saturday, January 5th, 2019
Time: 11AM to 3PM
Learn how to create a junk journal with ribbon binding and fancy file folder cover from scratch with our amazing book instructor, Paula. In this workshop, students will cut, score, and assemble their own album. Complete with tuck spots and interactive elements, this book is a great project for students who are interested in learning new skills and techniques.
Supplies - to be announced
- 3 - cream/off-white-color 12x12 cardstock (tags)
- 6 - double-sided ledger paper
- 8 - patterned 12x12 papers (DCWV Preserved Paper Pad - available at The Paper Collage)
- Darning needle with LARGE eye for sewing ribbon
- 3 - 6" Paper Doilies
- 1 yd flat lace
- 2 yds of ribbon (to sew binding)
- Ruler print ribbon for tabs (opt'l)
- Paper clips, misc decorations to embellish journal
- ¼ inch and ½ inch score tape
- Tape runner, liquid glue, and a glue stick
- 12” score board
- Paper trimmer for 12”x12” paper
- Corner rounder and hole re-enforcer punch (available at The Paper Collage)
- Paper distressor and brown ink for edges
- Ruler and pencil
Journal file folder cover is supplied by Instructor.